Uses USDA turkey roasts and Rachael’s special Yum-o! Ranch Sauce to create a salad with a taste as big as Texas!
- Partially defrost turkey roasts.
- Slice partially defrosted roast into 1 inch thick "steaks."
- Dredge steaks through Southwest spice rub 1 hour before cooking and place steaks on lined sheet pans.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Cool according to HACCP SOP.
- After cooling, dice turkey into 1 inch cubes.
- Wash and chop romaine lettuce prior to serving
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Serve in a 30-oz bowl.
- Fill bowl with 1 cup lettuce.
- Use a 4-oz spoodle for corn and black bean salad.
- Use a 2-oz spoodle for the turkey.
- Serve with 1 oz Yum-o! ranch sauce.
- Chopped cilantro makes a nice garnish.
1 #8 scoop turkey = 2 M/MA; 1 #8 scoop corn and black bean salad = 1/2 cup starchy vegetable serving; 1 cup lettuce = 1 cup dark green vegetable serving