Five alarm fun served over fusilli pasta! The “fixin' bar” gives students a chance to customize their own meal.
- In a steam kettle or tilt skillet, add the olive oil at medium heat.
- Put in ground beef or turkey, break it up as it browns. After meat is browned, drain the fat.
- Add onions, peppers, and garlic and cook until softened.
- Mix the chili powder with the chicken stock and add to the meat.
- Cook for five minutes or until reduced by ¼ .
- Add the crushed tomatoes, ketchup, and mustard.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes until flavors come together and it thickens.
- Cook fusilli or rice according to package directions.
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Serve in a 30-oz bowl.
- Fill bowl with 1 cup pasta or rice.
- Use a 4 oz spoodle for chili.
- Set fixin' bar up in bowls and let students have fun!!!
4 oz. chili = 2 M/MA; 1 cup pasta = 2 grain/bread