- Chop onions, leeks, scallions, basil and garlic. Dice carrots and celery or purchase diced products.
- In a steam kettle or tilting skillet add olive oil. Let oil heat up for 1 minute.
- Add onions, leeks, scallions, basil and garlic. Cook until onions are clear. (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, V-8 juice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Heat to 140° or higher
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Cool according to HACCP guidelines.
Additional Serving Suggestions
1 #8 scoop = 1/2 cup serving red/organge vegetable