- Place 2.5 lbs of brown rice in each 12" x 20" x 4" steam table pan. For 100 servings, use 4 pans.
- In a steam kettle or tilting skillet bring chicken stock, sofrito and Latin spices to a boil.
- Add 2 quarts and 1.25 cups of hot chicken stock to each pan of rice.
- Cover each pan of rice with plastic wrap and foil.
- Bake: Conventional oven: 350° F for 50 minutes / Convection oven: 350° F for 40 minutes / Steamer: 40 minutes
- Heat to 165° F or higher for at least 15 seconds. Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher.
Additional Serving Suggestions
1 #8 scoop (1/2 cup) = 1 grain/bread