Bring Lorena’s incredible Pomodoro sauce to your school over Albondigas de Pavo (Turkey Meatballs) on a bed of veggies and brown rice.
- Soak bread crumbs in chicken stock.
- In a mixer, combine bread crumbs, sofrito and pomodoro sauce until blended.
- Add eggs, parsley and cilantro. Mix until blended.
- Add ground turkey. Mix on low speed for 3 minutes or until blended. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Portion with level firmly packed No. 16 scoop (¼ cup). Place meatballs on sheet pan (18" x 26" x 1").
- Bake: Conventional oven: 375° F for 40 minutes / Convection oven: 350° F for 30 minutes
- Heat to 165° F or higher for at least 15 seconds. Drain fat from pans. Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher. Portion 2 meat balls per serving.
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Serve in a 20 ounce bowl.
- Portion brown rice (see "pair with" recipe) with No. 8 scoop (½ cup).
- Top rice with 2 meatballs and 1/2 cup pomodoro sauce.
1 bowl = 2 M/MA and 1 grain/bread