Recipe courtesy of Durham Public Schools, School Nutrition Services.
- Prepare meatballs and sauce:
- Open spaghetti sauce and pour into a 12x20x4 inch full size steam table pan
- Add italian seasoning to the sauce and mix well
- Add the frozen meatballs to the sauce, mix, cover tightly, and place in the steamer until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165° F (about 35-40 minutes).
- After cooking, transfer meatballs and sauce to a 6x20x4 inch long half pan for service.
- CCP: Heat to internal temperature of 165° F or higher for 15 during cooking
- CCP: Hold at temperature of 140° F or higher.
- At serving time, place prepared meatballs and sauce on serving line.
- Place hoagie/submarine rolls on serving line.
- CCP: Hold for hot service at 140° F or higher.
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Serve meatballs on to hoagie/submarine roll. Use a 4 ounce spoodle to serve 5 meatballs into the opening of the submarine roll. Serve about a small amount of sauce (1-2 ounces) over the meatballs once placed in the hoagie/submarine roll.
- CCP: Heat to 140° F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
5 meatballs = 2 oz M/MA; Hoagie roll = 2 grain/bread
- Take temperature of meatball/sauce and record on PR. Count leftover servings and record on PR.
- Cover and date leftovers for use within 3 days, and if not used, discard. Leftovers should be reheated to 165° F before re-serving.
- CCP: Cool to 70° F within 2 hours and from 70° F to 41° F or lower within an additional 4 hours.