Lush dark green spinach with fresh strawberries slices, raisins, caramelized onions topped with grill chicken and 1/2 of a hard-boiled egg to create the entree salad. Pair with homemade mustard vinaigrette dressing, milk and a bread-stick to complete the meal.
- Cook chicken according to manufacturer instructions
- Cool chicken according to HACCP standards.
- Slice chicken length-wise into 3 slices approximately 1 inch wide.
- Wash spinach & strawberries.
- Cut strawberries length-wise in thin slivers.
- Peel & thinly slice onions.
- Melt margarine in skillet. Place onions & brown sugar in melted margarine. Caramelize onions. (Onions are cooked to a soft state with a light brown color.) Set onions to the side.
- Boil eggs to a hard boil state or use purchased hard boiled eggs.
- Cut eggs length-wise in half.
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Place 1 ½ cups of spinach on plate.
- Add ½ cup strawberries & ¼ cup raisins on top of spinach.
- Place sliced chicken in middle of plate on top of spinach.
- Add ¼ cup of caramelized onions on top of chicken.
- Place ¼ of an egg on side of spinach.
- Place 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing in soufflé cup. Serve on side with salad.2
1 salad = 2 M/MA, 3/4 cup dark green vegetable serving, and 1/2 cup fruit serving
Recipe created in Williamsburg - James City, Virginia.