CCP: Wash hands thoroughly. Put on clean gloves before beginning preparation process.
CCP: Defrost chicken meat under refrigeration.
CCP: When handling raw chicken, be sure to use seperate cutting boards and knives/utensils! Do NOT cut vegetables on the same cutting board. Wash hands thoroughly after handling the raw chicken.
- Cut onions and peppers into julienne strips.Set aside in a bowl or hotel pan.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips.*
- Season chicken with taco seasoning mix and garlic powder. Do not season pre-cooked fajita chicken, as it is already seasoned!
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or steam-jacketed kettle. Add chicken meat, stir to prevent sticking.** Cook for 5 - 10 minutes, until browing color begins. Add onion and pepper slices. Stir to mix well. Add broth, cover and reduce heat. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, put into hotel pans.
CCP: Hold at 140°F for service. Do not cover, vegetables will over cook.
*Cooked chicken breast cut into strips or pre-cooked fajita strips may be substituted.
** Omit this step if using pre-cooked chicken.
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Serve with warm whole grain tortilla and side salad.
1 serving = 2 M/MA