Pan size: 12 x 20 x 2 ½
Pans required: 2
CCP: WASH HANDS THOROUGHLY. Put on clean gloves.**
- Place two hotel pans (12 x 20 x 2 1/2) on work table.
- Pour the ½ cup oil into each pan. Add the following to each pan and mix together:
- 12 oz chopped green pepper
- 16 oz chopped onion
- 8 oz whole peeled/diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp garlic granules
- Place on stove-top or in convection oven. Let heat for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add 5 lbs of pre-cooked chicken and 1 lb brown rice to each pan, mix ingredients together.
- Mix chicken base and water together. Stir to dissolve the chicken base.
- Pour 1 quart of the liquid mixture into each pan. Mix together, cover with a sheet of parchment paper then foil to seal the container tightly.
- CCP: Cook in convection oven for about 50 minutes at 375 degrees or in the steamer for about 40 minutes. Check for doneness of the rice, keep hot at 140 degrees or higher for service.
CCP: ** Change gloves often to avoid cross contamination.
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaf/pimento strip.
1 scoop (# 6) = 2 M/MA