For best results, have all ingredients and utensils at room temperature.
- Dissolve dry yeast in warm water. Let stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Place all dry ingredients (flour, dry milk, sugar and salt) in mixer bowl. Using a dough hook, blend on low speed forapproximately 2 minutes.
- Add oil and blend on low speed for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add water. Mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add dissolved yeast and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Knead dough on medium speed for 8 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in warm area (about 90°F) for 45-60 minutes.
- Punch down dough to remove air bubbles.
- Form rolls from dough by pinching off 2-oz pieces and shaping. Place rolls on lightly oiled sheet pans (18" x 26" x 1") in rows of 10 down and 5 across. For 50 servings, use 1 pan.
- Place in a warm area (about 90°F) until double in size, 30-35 minutes.
- Bake until lightly browned:
- Conventional oven: 400°F for 18-20 minutes
- Convection oven: 350°F for 12-14 minutes.