CCP: Wash hands thoroughly. Put on clean gloves.
- Gather 2 hotel pans (12x20x2 1/2). Place 1 1/2 lbs of brown rice in each pan.
- Mix pepper, onions* and water together. 1 ounce of dehydrated onions may be substituted.
- Add 2 quarts and 11/2 cups of the water mixture to each pan. Cover with foil or metal lid.
- Cook, according to oven type:
- Convectional oven at 350°F for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Convection oven at 350° F for 40 minutes.
- Steamer for 40 minutes.
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Hold at 135° or higher for service.
- Use # 8 scoop for one serving.
1 scoop = 1 grain/bread