1. Fill a large pot with approximately 7 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add uncooked pasta and stir gently. Return to a boil and cook pasta for 7 minutes, until al dente.
2. Drain quickly and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain thoroughly and transfer to a large pan. Allow to cool completely. Mix with dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Wash peppers thoroughly and drain. Slice peppers into thin strips.
4. Arrange ingredients into an assembly line in the following order: lettuce, pasta, chicken, peppers, broccoli and cranberries.
5. Assemble salads: Place 1/2 cup of romaine in serving container. Top with 1 cup of pasta, 2 ounces of diced chicken, 1/4 cup of bell pepper and 1/4 cup broccoli florets. Top with 1/4 cup dried cranberries. Refrigerate until service.
Yield: 48 servings
Serving Size: 2 1/2 cups (235 grams)
Each serving provides 2 oz. eq. whole grains, 2 oz. eq. meat/meat alternate, 1/2 cup fruit, 1/2 cup dark green vegetable and 1/4 cup red/orange vegetable
6 lbs (12 cups dry, 48 cups cooked) whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
8 cups (64 oz) lite Asian toasted sesame dressing
6 lbs (12 cups) USDA diced cooked chicken (Material #100101)
3 lbs, 8 oz (7 cups) fresh red peppers
1 lbs, 12 oz (3.5 cups) broccoli florets RTU
4 lbs (24 cups) romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
12 cups dried cranberries
See our Healthy Holidays menu plan for more great recipes!