Apple of My Eye Grahams
Brighten up your Valentine's Day party with this smiley treat!
- Cut stem out of strawberries in a “V” shape. Cut in half to make a heart.
- Slice apples to look like smiles.
- Assemble – spread 1 Tbs. peanut butter on each graham, add strawberry eyes and apple mouth!
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Toss apple slices in lemon juice or citric acid (in the canning section of the grocery store) to keep from browning.
- Use raisins or other dried fruit (with low or no added sugar) as the eyes!
- Have kids with allergies? Try sunflower butter instead of peanut butter.
- Let students do the assembling!