From brown rice to veggie sofrito, this dish has a full range of flavors to make produce and grains pop.
- Brown turkey in a steam kettle.
- Drain fat.
- Add sofrito and pomodoro sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Heat to 165° F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Pour into steamtable pans (12" x 20 " x 2 ½").
- For 100 servings, use 4 pans.
- Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher.
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Serve in a 20 ounce bowl.
- Portion brown rice (see "pair with" recipe) with No. 8 scoop (½ cup).
- Top rice with a ½ cup of turkey Bolognese sauce.
1 bowl = 2 M/MA and 1 grain/bread